What do I need for an MOT test?
- The MOT test fee.
- Ensure there is enough petrol, oil & water in your vehicle to complete the test.
- If separate, we will require your petrol cap key.
- Access to the boot/tailgate/load space (all doors must open if a van) & a near empty loading space to allow for floor inspections.
- Your V5/Registration document is sometimes required, if possible it is advisable to bring it with you.
- In order for your car to endure the rigors of high revs during emissions testing, it is essential that your vehicle has been properly maintained to reduce the possibility of the cam/timing belt breaking while the engine is being tested and held at high revs. It is your responsibility to ensure the engine is fit for the MOT test. We will not be held responsible for any engine failures during testing.
What don't I need for an MOT test?
- A spare wheel.
- You do not need road tax providing your car is pre-booked & the sole purpose of your journey is to travel to the pre-booked MOT test station (this must not include a stop for petrol etc).
- The old MOT certificate.
- Removable seats for some MPV's & people carriers do not have to be re-fitted for the MOT test, the seatbelts (with the seats removed) in this instance are not a testable item.
- Rear wiper.
- Rear washer.
- N/S/R fog lights.
- Front fog lights.
- Reverse lights.
My car has failed it's MOT test - What do I do now?
- We can quote for, and carry out all repairs. Leave your car with us & we will sort everything out for you, including a free re-test.
- Take the car away, repair it yourself or get it repaired by others, book in for a re-test within 10 days
Free MOT retest
Return your car to us for both the rectification work & the re-test within 10 working days & your MOT re-test is FREE!
Outside of 10 days?
Please do not blame us for the restricted timeframe available for re-tests, this is strictly imposed on us by the Government. Every time we enter your car on the system – they are looking for a fee!