WHY ARE WE OPEN?
The government is allowing Garages to remain open so drivers can maintain the roadworthiness of their vehicle and keep them safe for essential journeys:
- to shop for basic necessities, for example food and medicine
- for any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
We have decided to remain open to provide our services to anyone needing to repair or maintain the safety of their vehicle, especially NHS staff, emergency personnel and other Key Workers.
What are you doing to safeguard your staff and customers?
We have put additional procedures and practices into effect to ensure we’re doing everything possible to ensure our staff and customers are as safe as possible. These include:
- Wearing protective gloves when receiving your keys and driving your car as well as changing gloves when we are finished.
- Always fitting your car with a protective seat cover.
- Verbally going through our quote with you on any required work. For now we have stopped the practice of getting signatures on both our quotations.
- Increased cleaning of our reception area and toilets.
We’re asking all customers to help us by:
- Respecting “social distancing”. This protects you as well as our staff members.
- Notifying a member of staff that you have arrived and waiting in your car. A member of staff will come to your car and assist you in order of customer arrival time.
- Using the bin provided to deposit any drinks bottles, cans, food packaging or tissues before leaving.
- Taking any reading materials such as newspapers or magazines away with you when leaving.